Safety when moving house is critical, although saying that, I will keep this brief. Who wants to read about safety?
Safety top tips
- Keep all pathways clear, it’s self-explanatory, you don’t want to trip up and fall down the stairs.
- Keep access to doorways clear, you never know when an emergency coffee run may be needed!
- If you are packing boxes make sure they are stored away in a secure room away from pets and small children.
- Lift from the knees and not the back. The last thing you want is to be laid up in your new house relying on your other half or children to have to do all the unpacking.
- Don’t carry boxes piled high, always make sure you can see where you are going.
- If you have anyone working above you in an open space, wear a hard hat. This may sound ridiculous, but do you want that 6ft snowman from the loft falling on your head?
- Evenly distribute items in your box to make sure when you carry your box all the heavy items are not all loaded on one side.
- Place all heavy items at the bottom of the box – this will make sure the box is evenly distributed, and you won’t crush smaller lightweight items.
- Flat shoes are a MUST ladies.
- Insist that your removal company has 3 point PPE available.
House Moving Solutions can manage the on the day move for you keeping you and your family safe. We can also carry out checks on all your appointed suppliers to ensure they are Health and Safety compliant. To find out more email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All our packages can be found HERE so why not take a sneaky peek and see how we can help you move house.